From plant & wood fibres to advanced composites
The ESBBC organization committee is glad to invite students (Master & PhD) and early-career researchers working in the field of bio-based composites to this unique event in Europe.
The last 20 years have seen great developments in the field of bio-based composites at both national and international levels. As an illustration, various collaborative European projects are currently funded via H2020, Interreg or Era-NET programs. In this context, the ESBBC aims at creating a critical mass and momentum about this important research topic by gathering the main academic and technical players around a new Summer School, entirely dedicated to the field of bio-based composites and their current & future development.
This first edition is organized under the auspices of the European projects SSUCHY, FLOWER, NETFIB and FibreNet and hosted by the FEMTO-ST Institute at the University of Franche-Comté in Besançon, France.
Apply to join the event, if you wish to learn from renowned scientific and technical experts and exchange knowledge with peers in this multidisciplinary field!
Dates: 6, 7, 8 of July 2021
Hybrid event On site @FEMTO-ST Institute, Bourgogne Franche-Comté, France
- Keynote lectures given by European experts
- Lectures & hands-on tutorials
- Presentation of European projects associated with ESBBC
- Flash presentations from selected student attendees
- Workshop dedicated to scientific journal writing
- Social events!
Under the auspices of the European projects
- Dr. Alain Bourmaud, Institut de recherche Dupuy de Lôme (IRDL), Université de Bretagne Sud
- Pr. Jörg Müssig, Biomimetics Innovation Centre, The Biological Materials Group, Hochschule Bremen
- Pr. Pierre Ouagne, Laboratoire Génie de Production (LCP), Ecole Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Tarbes
- Dr. Vincent Placet, FEMTO-ST Institute, Department of Applied Mechanics, Université de Franche-Comté
- Pr. Fabrizio Scarpa, Bristol Composites Institute (ACCIS), University of Bristol
- Dr. Darshil U. Shah, Centre for Natural Material Innovation, Department of Architecture, University of Cambridge
- Pr. Aart Willem Van Vuure, Composite Materials Group, Department of Materials Engineering, KU Leuven
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- A call for abstract is now open to students & young scientists. They are warmly invited to apply for flash presentations to highlight their work
- A “Best PhD Student Flash Presentation” and a “Best Young Scientist Flash Presentation” will be awarded by the Scientific Committee during the last day of ESBBC
- Submission deadline : 31/03/2021
REGISTRATION coming soon
- Limited seats available onsite
- Unlimited remote participants
- Early-bird registration fees from 15/04/2021 to 15/06/2021